Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Past

I wanted to get some stuff off my chest so why not start here. 

My past with guys was not that great. I let one guy into my heart in high school and well it did not end up well... at all. 
Anyway I have forgiven him and moved on with my life
My one mistake was letting him into my heart in the first place. He had such an affect on me that I still have dreams with him in them and I hate it so much! I let him in and I well was pretty much emotionally scarred for life. 
Last night he was in my dream with his new girlfriend (How do I know who she is? Long story...) 
The dream was about us forgiving each other and I have not had a dream like this one before. So why is it still effecting me? 
I ask myself this question a lot. 
My answer is that the devil likes to remind me of my past mistakes. He is a manipulator and he knows my weaknesses and like to play with my mind. I am so sick of letting the devil do this to me. 
I have moved on from my past mistakes and made a new life and have met the man I am going to marry but sometimes it just sucks to have the past brought up and shoved in your face. 
I am ready to forget about this guy and just move on. 

Philippians 3:13-14
13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

God has a plan 

~Alysse

No comments:

Post a Comment