Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Christmas Traditions to Start with Your Husband

Lately I have been trying to think of fun things to do with the Hubs this holiday season. Yesterday I was on Pinterest and I found a blog that has some ideas but they were more for married couples with kids and they weren't my most favorite ideas. So I decided to come up with some of my own!

  • A new Christmas movie every Friday: Now I chose Friday because that is the day Kiel has off during the week. Pick a new Christmas movie to watch. Last week we watched A Muppets Christmas Carol! It was super cute and fun to watch together. Or watch 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family. Here are a few Christmas movies that are really good. 
    • The Santa Clause
    • The Polar Express
    • How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the classic one) 
    •  A Charlie Brown Christmas
    • The Grinch (the Jim Carrey one) 
    • White Christmas (my favorite!) 
    • It's A Wonderful Life (Kiel's favorite)
  • Make new kinds of Hot Chocolate: Now you can do this every night or on Friday nights with your Christmas movie. Here is a link to my fav Hot Chocolate
  • Cut down your own Christmas tree: We are doing this for our first year of Christmas together but I hope we can continue this tradition for at least a few years :) 
  • Make and Decorate Christmas cookies!: I really like this one. There are many different recipes for cookies, this one is for Super Soft Sugar Cookies! which is the recipe I think I will use this year but there is a recipe for a dough that can be used six different ways found Here. Decorate and have fun! 
  • Make or Buy a Gingerbread House: I think this one could be really fun! My husband is pretty creative so I think our gingerbread house would look really cool. 
  • Go Sledding Together: When snow comes around, put on your big coats and gloves and have some fun! 
  •  Decorate the house or apartment together: Mr. Hobbs and I have already done this... we got really excited about Christmas this year :) But we are not getting our Christmas tree until December. We already have a lot of Christmas stuff up around the house :) 

I hope this gave you a few ideas of fun things or traditions to start with your family. If I think of more I will let you know :) or you let me know if you have some great ideas! 

I am so excited for Christmas!

~Alysse

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one ready for Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am so excited! We have light up and everything :)

      Delete