Tuesday, December 31, 2013

{2013 A Year in Review}

This past year has probably been one of my most busiest years of my life. I have changed so much and so many things in my life are new. Here is a look back on some of my favorite moments :)

January: 
I turned 21 this past January, I didn't go and party which I am thankful for because that is not who I am. I did enjoy some time with my family and Kiel who at the time was my fiance. I got my wisdom teeth out which wasn't as bad as I thought (and I really don't like dentists...).

February: 
In February I got to see all my Bridesmaids and we all met in St. Louis and got their dresses for the wedding. It was such a great weekend and I had loads of fun. On February 15th it was 100 days till the wedding. I remember being so excited!

March: 
In march Kiel and I started Marriage Counseling, which was really great for us. I also had two bridal showers in March, which were both really great and I got so many things! I had my bridal shower in Illinois with Kiel's family which was a lot of fun. 

Kiels family, aunts, cousins and all! 
In march I also had my second dress fitting! I had bought the dress in a size 10 and had is sized down to a 4!

April: 
This month was super busy and crazy since my wedding was the next month! I was also still in school so I had to finish school and get stuff ready for the wedding. I did get a bit of cold feet in April but it all passed :)

May: Wedding Month! 
I got married on May 26th and it was so beautiful and amazing. It really was a dream wedding, nothing went wrong and it was perfect. I could not have asked for a better day. I also had my 100th Post  which was all about the number 13 (p.s. it's a lucky number in my life). I even posted on my Wedding Day which I had forgot that I had done. I remember waking up to my mom and sissy because we had all stayed the night together, and started crying because my life was about to change, but looking back it wasn't so bad :)

June: 
We came back from our Honeymoon at the beginning of June and man did we have such a wonderful time! The beach, Mayan ruins, drinks and great food! We also went Camping with my family which is always so much fun! I hammacked with my sister, which is  really popular down here in Missouri.

July: 
In July I started the 101 Things to Do in 1001 days, which is really cool and I already have quite a few things done! I would say this is the month where I really started to want to Blog more. It was a quite month though. 

August: 
In August, we found Dublin's Pass, which is a bar but also a restaurant with pretty authentic Irish food (and Irish music on Wednesdays :). We love the place and try to go there often. I also found the song Cups by Anna Kendrick, which I could not stop listening to! I still really like this song. This month I started my Senior year of college. Which is so unbelievable! I also fell in love with this cover of the Misty Mountian Song from the Hobbit. 

September: 
This month we went to the Missouri's State Fair and had such a good time! On our way home I got Kiel talking about war and we ran out of gas and had to push the car. It was really funny and I still give him a hard time about it :) I gave some of the reasons why I want to be a teacher. I also had to volunteer for a community thing so I dressed up in 1800's clothing and made apple juice.

October: 
I posted about the movies I was looking forward to. (which most of them are amazing) I found the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks, which is now my favorite drink. The Hubs and I also dressed up like Duck Dynasty for Halloween. 


November: 
This is the month that I had the most posts from this past year. I found the Great Christmas Exchange that Oak & Oats put on this year. (which was so much fun!) I made the post about Traditions to start with your Husband at Christmas. Kiel and I also celebrated our 6 month anniversary! I also made some changed to the Blog this month. 

December: 
Kiel and I spent this month with family. We went to Illinois for Christmas and also got to spend Christmas day with my family. This past month has been quite a blur. We had our first snow, which in December is crazy because we usually don't get snow till January or February here in Missouri. Kiel and I spent our first Christmas together! I posted about my Favorite things from Christmas. 
Our first Christmas Tree

This year has gone by so fast now that I look back on it. I got married, moved out of my parents, started my Senior year in college. So many things have changed and I know I have also. This next year I am looking forward to spending more time with God, becoming who I want to be and working on being a better wife. I hope you all had a great year just like I did! 

~Alysse Hobbs

2 comments:

  1. What a year!!! I loved reading about this! Enjoy 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am excited to see what this next year will bring us, you enjoy this next year also!

      Delete