Sunday, August 10, 2014

Ooh La La!

Yesterday the Hubs and I were very bored and we are low on $$$ right now so we decided to head to the library! Library=Free 
I found this book by Jamie Cat Callan about her trip to find out how the French woman have so much class. I am loving this book so far! I am already on chapter 9. It is a pretty easy read but has some great advice from French women about how to feel beautiful everyday. Here they are...
  1. Find a fashion mentor: Someone who can help you, who you think has great style and someone who will be honest with you. 
  2. Pick a color: Everyone has that color they have loved since they were little. Mine is Blue but a dark deep blue. I am going to try and get out of my comfort zone and go with more purple! Change it up every once in a while. 
  3. "Prendre soin de soi" Take care of oneself: Take care of yourself, put on lotion everyday, wash your face at night. Do things that are good for your body. 
  4. Get a massage!: I really like this one but I still have never had one. Also eat less, walk more, do yoga and enjoy your body. 
  5. Find ways to take pleasure without guilt: What I got from this one is the French women "don't overindulge, and so they don't feel guilty. They don't feel guilty, so they don't overindulge and because they don't overindulge, they don't feel guilty." My overindulgence is Starbucks, if I drink it less than I can indulge it on occasions without feeling guilty. 
  6. Throw a dinner party and have a Secret Garden moment: Throwing a dinner party lets you show off a little and have you the center of attention because you are the hostest. This will help you feel good about yourself. A Secret Garden moment is one where you don't worry and just enjoy where you are in the moment, whether your in a cab looking out the window day dreaming or in a garden having quit time. 
  7. Create a look book: or in todays world Pinterest! Your obsessions are clues to your style profile! I have a board that is called Things that I enjoy and I only pin things that catch my eye (most of it is teacups lol) 
  8. Clothing has a language and a desire all its own: Dress how you want people to see you but also what makes you comfortable. (this one is a bit new to me so I may re-read this chapter) 
There are 17 chapters so I will have a part two! Come back to check it out

I love re-inventing myself! 

~Alysse Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment