Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Classroom Decor #1

          
I have to say that I am super duper excited about this upcoming year! My first year as a teacher!!!!!! First grade is a little intimidating for me but I think that I will rock it. My family has already been so generous with helping me create that classroom that I want. This post is about the last few things that I have bought for the classroom. Some things were given to me and some I bought but they are all exactly what I wanted! 

                                 
Bought by aunt, who was a first grade teacher for more than 15 years! I have 6 and I love them. Can you believe she found these at a garage sale? 

                                        
My aunt also found these for the tables, I believe I have 6 as well! I love the color!

                                    
Found this at our local Veterans Resale shop. It was a little over $2 but I will love it for my desk.

                                   
Filing system. I am not sure where I am going to put this (probably close to my desk, or maybe my horse shoe table) but I also got it for under $2 at the local re-tale shop. 

                                       
I figured I could use this as a catch all for papers or notes from kids! 
                                        
Got this at Hobby Lobby and it was 50% off! So I got it for around $2. I am either going to use it in the library or as a welcome sign! 
                                     
This next section is all from the Dollar Tree! So everything was $1. I love these buckets, not sure what I am going to use them for yet but I love them. 
                                      
You always need more waste baskets right? 
                                     
Also don't know what I am going to use these for, but you will always need more storage! 
                                     
These, I love! They will be used for the glue or maybe another school supply. 
                                     
Cute baskets for whatever :) 
                                          
These are my library baskets! I am sure that I will need to buy more.
                                       
I am planning on using composition notebooks for almost every subject so I am going to use these for storage for the notebooks
                  
For the crayons...
                                        
I was wanting one of these so bad! I bought it at Lowe's for $16 and change. I have already bought the labels and can't wait to get started! 


I am so excited for school to start. My next goal is to work on curriculum and study the Math and Reading curriculum books. Planbook.com is going to be my online lesson plans but I believe I will also have written ones as well. 

Any advise for a first year teacher? 

~Alysse Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment