Monday, November 16, 2015

Elf on the Shelf in the Classroom

I am so excited that Christmas is almost here! This year, being my first in the classroom, I want to introduce Elf on the Shelf. I have had some trouble figuring out how to incorporate writing into the classroom. The month of December I am going to focus on writing letters...to Santa of course! and then writing about our elf! Pinterest is full of ideas and that is so great since this will be my first time having an elf in the classroom.


I love the idea of adding velcro and magnets to help your elf find new places to hang out. This lady has some great ideas and the directions are straight forward. 

Lets be real, as a teacher we are very busy! Here are some ideas to tell the kids if your elf didn't move...more than likely you forgot to move him/her but the kids don't need to know that ;) 

Elf names! Boys and Girls

Elf printable's and they are free :) ! 

How to introduce your Elf on the Shelf! 
I loved this post, she has so many great ideas for the first few days that your Elf came to the classroom! 

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to add your Elf to the classroom. There are so many ideas out there but I wanted to show you a few! Keep checking for updates on our Elf in December! 



No comments:

Post a Comment