Sunday, January 3, 2016

Weekend Getaway

We started out the new year right! The Hubs and I decided to start our year by getting away from the world. We didn't go far but we sure had an amazing time. We ate, relaxed and enjoyed getting away. 
 The Grand Plaza Hotel in Branson was a great deal! I booked our hotel through Expedia and found a great deal on a King size room with a jacuzzi! My Hubs had some doubts at first but it was worth it.
The jacuzzi was amazing and I had a bath bomb from Lush that I had not used yet. I used the bath bomb and it made the whole room smell amazing! We spend the night relaxing and watching Forest Gump. 

Before we left for dinner we had to make sure we looked good ;) 

You can find this cool ride at the Branson Landing! At first I thought the balloon could actually take off and fly away...but I was wrong :( It was cool because you could go really high but that is all it does. 

We ate dinner at Waxy O'Shea's on the Landing and had a great time. It wasn't as good as Ireland but the Beer Cheese Soup was Amazing!

A typical Irish breakfast (again better in Ireland)

Donegal Club Sandwich

Beer Cheese Soup, the best tasting thing I had for dinner. It was super rich but very delish!



We woke up the next morning to have breakfast on the 9th floor. You could see so much from so high up. I bet it is beautiful in the fall. 

 Breakfast view
 We then went to the Tanger Outlets to the Disney store and saw this super cute suitcase!
I love Star Wars! 
 We decided to then go to Yankee Candle! The Hubs and I have been on a "candle kick" lately and are enjoying all things candle!

We rounded out our trip with Chicago style pizza. Now, the Hubs is from a town about 45 minutes from Chicago. He was very skeptical but ended up enjoying the pizza. I wasn't impressed sadly :( 



We had such an amazing time and have decided to try it again in February! We are thinking Kansas City! If you have any awesome placed to eat, sleep or entertain in KC, please leave a comment! 

~Alysse xoxo


I am the author of this content and all thoughts and comments are my own. I was not paid to comment or write about any business's in this blog, I chose to comment and link business's for easy access. Please comment or email me for any further information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment