Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Preggo Tips


I now have a 1 month old and I can't believe it. My dearest girl is so sweet and I love her so much. I thought I would type out a few tips that helped me. I am no expert but these are some things that helped me along the way in my pregnancy.


  1. Night Lights: I bought some cheap night lights from WalMart when I first found out I was pregnant. The night lights still work to this day! Almost a year later, it helps to have them in your bathroom so those late night bathroom trips won't jolt you awake when you turn the lights on. 
  2. Tums/Rolades: *Check with your doctor before you take either of these.* I usually use Tums but Rolades helped me through this pregnancy. I bought the ones with gas relief and they were very helpful. 
  3.  Carbs: When I first found out I was pregnant I went into super healthy eater mode. You want to at this point because you realize you are creating a child. Turns out I needed carbs. I would be sick in the mornings if I didn't have anything on my stomach. Turns out it's okay at the beginning of your pregnancy to eat toast, bagels, oatmeal, ect. I would not have survived because I could only keep some of the items listed above down without getting sick. Once you pass the sickness mode is when you need to start eating healthier. 
  4. Water Bottles: I don't like using lots of plastic but at work, water bottles helped me out a lot because I could keep track of what I was drinking and I wasn't drinking enough water sadly. But using water bottles did help when I was at work. I could set a goal of how much I should drink. 
  5. Snacks: Carry some healthy snacks with you or crackers because you will get hungry when no one has anything for you. This also prepares you for motherhood when you have a toddler who needs snacks often.


I am sure I will have more ideas for you down the road but I hope you enjoy these few tips.

~Alysse

No comments:

Post a Comment